Pages

  • Home

5 August 2013 snake skin & carrie bradshaw

Anna Wintour _
Reed Krakoff FW 2012
Snakeskin

Feeling a little bit python-print obsessed; not going to lie. Whether it be in black on a Hermes Birkin or white on a Christian Louboutin pointed pump (pointy heels are another of my obsessions at the moment!), it looks good as just about anything (as soon above!) 

Whether you want to take the daring approach, wear the python print in a Proenza Schouler type way, with yellow, red or cobalt blue python print. If you are more of a classic than a trend-setter; take subtle nods to the trend, with a clutch, shoe or even phone case. 

For those who have been reading my blog for a while, know that I am no Olivia Palermo for example. Polished and elegant aren't exactly the first words you would use to describe me. Although I would love to be that person who spends ages on her hair and who keeps everything spick and span...I'm just not. So saying that, my love of python skin (and pointed pumps, silk anything, and Hermes bags) have to have stemmed from somewhere and I am pretty sure I know where it is. Carrie Bradshaw. The girl who seems to have it all; a life in New York, a career she loves and of course the wardrobe.With her taste for the finer things in life she has been an influence in my sudden interest of things other than ripped denim, tousled hair and white t-shirts (although I still love them all deary). 

And with that, lesson of the day learnt is that it IS still possible to have the best of both worlds in the fashion world and not stick with a specific style. 
Ah i feel so inspirational ;) 


1 comment

  1. I'm loving snakeskin right now too! So yum!

    http://www.lost-in-wonderland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts and comments down below. I love hearing from you.